When baking the sponge cake, the Pound Cake is one of the best and most reliable cake recipes for bakers. It is safe and easy to follow. I use the pound cake recipe for my fruit cake, red velvet, chocolate cake, and cupcakes.
It is called the Poundcake because of the measurement, the ingredients are measured in pounds and the gist of it is that the 4 major ingredients are equal in pounds.
The sugar, butter, eggs, and flour are equal in measurement, regardless of whatever measurement you are using be it in pounds or in grams and Kilograms.
I have been running my cake business for over 10 years and I have always used the pound cake recipe, the only changes I make is in flavor and the fruits or chocolate I am adding and the cakes are crowd-pleasers.
CLASSIC POUND CAKE
- mixing bowl
- hand mixer or stand mixer
- 8-inch baking pan
- 200 grams Sugar
- 200 grams butter or Margarine
- 200 grams Eggs Whole Eggs in shell
- 200 grams Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Flavour
- 1/4 cup Milk If you are using evapourated milk, be sure to dilute it. 1 tbsp milk to 1 tbsp water.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) and place the oven rack in the center of the oven.Grease an 8-inch Baking Pan with butter or cooking spray, dust with flour, and set aside.Combine flour and baking powder sifted together in a bowl and set aside. Sifting the flour is very important, it gets rid of clumps but also the flour becomes light and aerated which helps make a very fluffy cake.In a mixing bowl, combine butter and sugar, mix with until pale and fluffy, add the eggs, one at a time. Once all the eggs are added, use a spatular to gently fold in the flour. Keep your hand light and gentle when mixing to promote aeration. Add the flavor.Pour into the greased pan and bake for 20 minutes or until the top of the cake is dried when you gently tap the top. also insert a toothpick into the middle of the cake, if it comes out dry, the cake is done. Turn the cake unto a flat plate or a baking rack.