Pastel Pound Cake
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 cups of sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup rainbow-colored miniature
- confectioners’ sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a
- time, beating after each addition. Add extracts. Combine the flour,
- salt, baking powder, and baking soda; add to creamed mixture
- alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition.
- Pour half of the batter into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube
- pan. Sprinkle with marshmallows. Top with remaining batter. Bake
- at 350 degrees F for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool
- completely. Dust with confectioners’ sugar.
This recipe is perfect for kids’ parties, you will delight their adorable little hearts when the surprise colors are revealed when its cake cutting time.